01. What does convection oven mean?
The convection oven is a kind of oven that uses the air flow created by the fans to distribute the heat within the cooking chamber to cook food. A good convection oven controls the air flows to guarantee perfect heat distribution within the baking chamber, for uniform results at every point throughout every tray, for all trays, regardless of the quantity of food cooked.
UNOX convection ovens use the AIR.Plus technology to perfectly and uniformly distribute the heat within the baking chamber, guaranteeing perfect colouring of frozen bakery and pastry products.
02. What is a threefold oven?
The threefold oven, also known as combi oven, is a kind of oven that, besides using the air flow to distribute the heat, adds another key element for the cooking process: steam. A threefold oven (or combi oven) gives you the possibility to produce and add steam during the cooking process to recreate the ideal climatic conditions for each type of cooking: from steaming to grilling.
CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS are the latest generation of UNOX threefold (or combi) ovens. They are intelligent professional combi ovens thanks to the ADAPTIVE.Cooking™ technology that recognises the amount of food inserted and automatically regulates the cooking parameters to obtain the perfect cooking results every time.
03. What is a combi oven?
The combi oven, also known as threefold oven, is a kind of oven that, besides using the air flow to distribute the heat, adds another key element for the cooking process: steam. A combi oven (or threefold oven) gives you the possibility to produce and add steam during the cooking process to recreate the ideal climatic conditions for each type of cooking: from steaming to grilling.
CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS are the latest generation of UNOX combi (or threefold) ovens. They are intelligent professional combi ovens thanks to the ADAPTIVE.Cooking™ technology which recognises the amount of food inserted and automatically regulates the cooking parameters to obtain the perfect cooking results every time.
04. Which oven should you choose: electrical or gas?
One of the most common doubts that arises when one needs to choose a professional oven for their kitchen is about the power supply: electrical or gas oven? It depends on your kitchen!
The CHEFTOP.MIND Maps™ PLUS combi ovens are available in both electric and gas (methane or LPG) power supply to give you the possibility to freely choose according to your needs. The electric combi oven and gas combi oven use the same technologies and have the same cooking performances, which allow a very rapid thermal increase (30-260°C in less than 5 minutes) and maximum cooking versatility and speed.
The possibility of creating a MAXI.Link columns, stacking ovens with different sizes and power supplies, allows you to reduce costs, save energy and space.
05. Bakery and pastry oven: which model should you choose?
Those who manage a pastry shop or a bakery know that the professional oven is their most important investment, which must ensure impeccable baking results, repetitiveness day after day and uniform results throughout every tray, for all trays, regardless of the quantity of food cooked.
It must be a smart machine, connected, with automatic cooking cycles, simple functions, comprehensible to the whole staff and equipped with an automatic washing system. In short, a cutting edge oven that winks at the practicality necessary for its daily use.
The top of the range model for pastry shops and bakeries is BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS.
06. Restaurant oven: which model should you choose?
In both restaurants and bistros or in deli shops, professional ovens are certainly one of the most important and most used pieces of equipment in the kitchen. You can even use them to cook an entire menu.
This is the reason why chefs and food service entrepreneurs choose an oven that adapts to any type of kitchen and is easy to use, even by less experienced staff, thanks to the immediately available libraries of automatic programs.
In addition to this, with Unox restaurant ovens you can cover over 90% of the cooking processes of a professional kitchen. This translates into labour and time savings and a safer and more organized kitchen.
The top of the range model for Restaurants is CHEFTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS.
07. Where do I find a user manual for UOX combi ovens?
The user manual is a document that contains all the useful instructions for the proper functioning of the oven.
Inside each UNOX oven there is a user manual for that specific model available in xxx languages Not only that, but you can also download the manual at this link.
The Unox TOP.Training App for smartphones is also available. Thanks to it, you will come to know all the secrets of your oven and it will teach you how to make the most out of your investment from the very first use!
08. Can I use the Unox ovens at home?
The UNOX professional ovens are equipped with the most advanced technologies and are therefore aimed at professionals in the food service industry, retail, pastry and bakery sector.
UNOX creates intelligent technology applied to professional cooking processes to support those people and businesses who every day face the challenge of building their own success.
For the home use, UNOX has designed the Model One solution. The dream oven. To cook at home as if you were in a restaurant.
09. How does the low temperature cooking work?
By "low temperature" we mean a cooking technique that always uses temperatures lower than 95°C. Low temperature cooking is a technique typically applied to cuts of meat rich in connective tissue or fat, but recently it has also become popular for grilled meat (such as reverse searing) and fish.
Which are the benefits of low temperature cooking? It maintains the organoleptic characteristics of the food intact and ensures low degradation of vitamins and essential nutrients, with minimum weight loss. From the aesthetic point of view, food has more intact colours compared to the traditional cooking, the weight loss is less and the taste is incomparable. The low temperature cooking can be made either with food in an open baking tray or with vacuum, using special heat-resistant plastic bags.
10. How can i find the nearest Service Center?
The UNOX service centres are UNOX certified technical assistance centres distributed all over the world. They are professionals qualified to install the UNOX ovens and perform technical assistance on them.
Find here the nearest service centre!
11. Where can I find some recipes for the UNOX ovens? How can I cook them in the UNOX ovens?
Creating a perfect dish, dessert or pastry product is the result of a balanced recipe and a specially designed cooking program.
The CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS Unox ovens feature CHEFUNOX, a library of automatic programs that allows you to quickly and easily select the type of cooking to be carried out, the type of food to be cooked and what characteristics it should have (golden outside, soft inside, etc.).
But that’s not all! Using the Data Driven Cooking (DDC) platform, all our customers have access to a reserved area where they can find a collection of recipes, available in all languages, that guide you step by step in the creation of the dish, but, above all, they recommend the most suitable cooking program.
12. I cannot cook a recipe as I want, to whom should I speak?
For all UNOX customers who love to experiment and are constantly searching for perfection, we offer an additional free consultancy service by our Corporate Chefs.
The UNOX Chef Team can be reached 24/7 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0039 (0)49 8657511 to resolve any doubts about the cooking programs and the execution of a dish.
13. Which features does the BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ have?
BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS is the combined oven for pastry shops and bakeries that, thanks to UNOX INTELLIGENCE PERFORMANCE, boasts automatic cooking cycles that ensure impeccable baking results at all times.
Certainly the strengths of BAKERTOP MIND.Maps are:
- Precise air distribution throughout the whole cooking chamber with a multi-fan and self-reverse fan system called AIR.Maxi™.
- Automatic correction of the time and temperature settings according to the amount of food baked thanks to the ADAPTIVE.Cooking™ technology to ensure the best possible result at all times.
- Precise control of the amount of steam in the cooking chamber.
- Flexibility in terms of size and solutions to suit every type of business.
14. Which features does the CHEFTOP MIND.Maps™ have?
CHEFTOP MIND.Maps™ PLUS is the combi oven for restaurants that allows you to:
- Grill, roast, smoke and steam making all your dishes impeccable.
- Have full control of your oven thanks to the capacitive touch screen.
- Have an easy-to-use oven, even by less experienced staff, thanks to the immediately available libraries of automatic programs.
- Have repeatable results every day thanks to the automatic correction of the time and temperature settings according to the amount of food baked.
- Choose the most suitable size according to your needs (over the counter version from 3 to 10 trays or trolley version from 20 to 40 trays).
- Be connected to the Internet and monitor water and energy consumption at all times.
15. Which features does the BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro™ have?
The BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro™ range is made up of convection ovens, with or without humidity, specifically designed to brown frozen products in any commercial bar, pastry shop or laboratory.
There are 4 main models:
- BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro GO: is the basic version, ideal for baking frozen croissants and browning frozen pre-cooked bread.
- BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro LED: a convection oven that also gives you the possibility of adding humidity during the baking cycle as well as regulating the fan speed (ideal for the most delicate items).
- BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro TOUCH: a convection oven that also gives you the possibility of adding humidity during the baking cycle, equipped with internet connection which allows you to program your ovens in your shops directly from the PC.
- BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro MASTER: it is the highest level of technological evolution, it excels in baking performance, automatic programmes, artificial intelligence and Internet connection.
16. Which features does EVEREO® have?
EVEREO® is the first Hot Fridge that allows you to hold the cooked food at the temperature at which it is served while preserving its quality and consistency for up to 72 hours.
A unique piece of equipment that preserves cooked meals for days at the temperature you will serve them, using a combination of extremely accurate temperature and atmosphere control.
MULTI.Day Hot Vacuum, together with EVEREO®, allows you to have food as good as if it had just been made, hot and ready to be served at any time of the day! Even if it is not during the usual service hours. Food service businesses, such as professional kitchens and catering centres, in this way avoid the need to blast chill the food and then regenerate it before serving. In terms of operations, it means cutting costs and increasing profitability.
17. Where can I see/try the UNOX ovens?
You can try a professional CHEFTOP or BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ combi oven directly in your kitchen or pastry laboratory.
It is called Individual Cooking Experience: a free cooking test that you can book with the Active Marketing Chef in your area. And it is FREE OF CHARGE! What do you need?
- About 75 minutes to test the agreed recipes,
- A pentapolar socket (the red one), a tap and a drain,
- Minimum width of at least 80 cm of the entrance door to allow the passage of the oven.
Book now your Individual Cooking Experience!
18. How can I clean the oven?
The oven is one of the least pleasant appliances to clean. There are many ways to clean a professional oven:
- By hand, with detergent and water
- Automatically, thanks to an integrated washing system.
The first solution is not very precise, time-consuming and does not ensure adequate levels of hygiene. The food not only dirties the parts of the oven you can see, but the dirt is also sucked into the fan and gets everywhere. This is why the latest generation ovens such as CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ are equipped with an automatic washing system.
Its name is Rotor Klean and it allows the detergent to be spread in every corner of the oven, even in non-visible areas.
The SENSE.Klean technology estimates the degree of dirt that accumulates during the different cooking processes and recommends the most suitable cleaning program in order to have maximum hygiene without wasting detergent, water and energy.
If your oven does not have and automatic washing system, you can use UNOX SPRAY&Rinse™, a spray detergent to make it brilliant and clean! Simply spray the detergent, wait for the descaling action and rinse with a wet cloth and plenty of hot water.
19. Which differences are there between the Unox PLUS and ONE oven models?
The ovens in the CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ ranges are available in PLUS and ONE versions.
The PLUS models are the most technologically advanced in terms of programs and cooking functions (they have automatic cooking modes, functions that allow you to manage more than 10 timers to control the cooking of several products at the same time or to synchronize different loads of food to be baked to have them all ready at the same time).
But not only that! PLUS ovens guarantee maximum performance in terms of washing, double choice of supply, better structural and technical characteristics (larger control panel, triple glass, etc.).
PLUS ovens are also ENERGY.STAR certified, allowing you to save energy over time and making you earn more money while reducing the time needed for each cooking process.
Discover all the differences between PLUS and ONE ovens.